News and Updates
David Copeland · February 1, 2017
Newsletter · Volume: 17 Issue: 2
During the month of February on our Friday Fire Video, I am discussing the subject “Dream Again.” If you do not currently receive Friday Fire in your email, you can sign up on the front page of our website http://revivalnow.org.
I realize there is great debate about the purpose and place dreams and visions should have in the life of the New Testament believer. I am convinced Acts 2:17, 18 settles the argument clearly.
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy. NKJV
Two questions that should be repeated as we discuss this topic is:
1. Is Jesus the same today? According to Hebrews 13:8, the writer tells us we should follow the faith of those who declare Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
2. Are we in the last days? I am convinced through Scripture, we have been in the last days since the Resurrection of Jesus. The next thing that needs to happen is the people of God must gain the greater understanding of the Kingdom in order to usher in the coming of Jesus.
But why are dreams important?
1. Dreams are the language of God. When God speaks to you in a dream, He is trying to communicate to you in a way that is outside the normal. Prophecies, dreams & visions are God pictures, or God videos that have not happened yet and are Father God’s way of coming out of our future, into our present, to bring us further along into our destiny.
2. Dreams become the target of our faith. Our faith needs a target in order to take action. Often times our faith is activated and encouraged when God gives us a dream that we know is from heaven. So God will give us a dream in order to activate our faith.
3. Dreams have a habit of coming true! As a young man God gave me a vision at 16 years of age that I am just now seeing come to pass. There were many times I battled doubt and had to fight to overcome unbelief. But almost forty years later, I am seeing that vision and many of our dreams have come true!
Currently Revival Now International sponsors in the following outreaches:
- revival campaigns and special weekend services in churches large and small across the United States;
- the Revival Now School of Ministry in Kilgoris & Malava Kenya, and Esoit Sambu Tanzania;
- ministry conferences & outreaches in Honduras, Trinidad, Nicaragua and several other countries;
- Revival Now TV & our Friday Fire Video that stream continuously 24/7 at http://revivalnow.org;
- outreaches on Facebook, Twitter;
- ministry support roles for churches, ministries & ministers around the world through our Revival Now Ministry Network;
- and we continue to support the Noah’s Boat Children’s Home in Nyangusu (Kilgoris), Kenya
In 1978 when God called me to preach, I never thought we would arrive where we are today! In fact, God has a fantastic way of exceeding our expectations!
What is your dream? Has it died? Have you allowed someone else’s unbelief or disqualification stop you from pursuing your dream? Do you feel like a besetting sin has crippled your dream and hindered it from coming to pass?
I want to encourage you this month to DREAM AGAIN! 2017 is a year in which God wants to restore broken dreams and crushed visions. Don’t be afraid to ask God to help you…
2017 Revival Now Winter Conference
February 24-26, 2017
The Upper Room Church
We will feature a complete update of all our activities around the world, praise & worship by Jeb & Lori Jennings, the ministry of the Word, times of personal altar ministry and much more!
For directions and hotel information, visit our website http://revivalnow.org/blog for a complete listing of local hotels in the Lanett/Valley area.