Why Fear Getting Into The Presence of The Lord
Pastor Jack Chancey ministered on Sunday morning a message from Deut. 5:22 on Why People Don't Want to Go Into God's Presence. His points were tremendous!
1. Fear of Death. Deuteronomy 5:25 Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.
We are afraid at times to enter His Presence because we know when we hear His voice, some things are going to die! There are some things that have fulfilled their purpose and need to go! That happens so we can go to a new place in Him!
2. Fear of the New. This has always puzzled me about Christians. We drive new cars, live in new houses, buy new clothes, but when someone talks about something new in God we have a stroke!
I am not for new doctrine that is way out in left field; God has established all doctrine in with the canonization of the Bible! I tell churches all the time, I like Fruit Loops, but only for breakfast, not at church! But the Word says His mercies are fresh and new each day… they are new every morning! We could live 100 million lifetimes and never experience all He has! That's why He is giving us eternity to enjoy it all!
Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert.
3. People don't want to get too close to the Presence of God for fear of sin being exposed. In Acts 5, Ananias and Sapphira were exposed only after lying to the Holy Ghost! I believe if God is allowing sin to be exposed, it's only after repeated attempts by the Spirit to get us to repent! His love still covers a multitude of sins!
4. Fear of total surrender. Miriam Frederick, the director of World Harvest Missions Outreach, our partner ministry we work with in Guyana called me one day and said "You remember the time you were in the altar weeping and crying telling God you would go where He wanted you to go…be what He wanted you to be?" I responded "Yes." She said "He heard you!" and then she hung up!
We will never be happy sitting around the creek bank talking about what God did and where He moved…God has put a Holy discontent in our hearts to fulfill His mandate in reaching the world with His love and power! We will never be happy talking only about how God moved back in the day…we must have His move NOW!!!
5. People don't want to get too close to the Presence of God for the fear of change. That really troubles me! I want to be changed from who I am into what and who He wants me to be! And I've lived long enough to know I can't do it on my own, I must have His Spirit do the work!